Thursday 9 August 2012

Down Day veggie curry 250kcals

Another DD and another recipe.

I went to Morrisons and bought packs of the £1 veggies - OK the carrots were only 50p.

1 cauliflower, 5 parsnips, 5 carrots, 5 potatoes all chopped up and a pack of fine beans plus an onion, sliced, and about a third of a pot of patak's balti paste.

Fry the onion in a little bit of oil until soft, add the curry paste fry off for a couple of minutes, add the root veggies and water to cover. Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes, add the cauli, simmer fo another 10 minutes add the beans.

I turned off the heat at this point and just left it to sit. Tonight I will eat one protion and bag up at least 5 others for the freezer. I may take the sauce and thicken it up with a little cornflour, I may not!

I thought about adding a tin of chickpeas and, if I get 8 portions I may add a tin as it will still come in at less than 300kcals.

So that's 6 meals for about £1 each, or 8 meals for a bit less.

And this is dieting? It smells delicious and I know it is filling!

Food so far today is one apple and a cup of chai! I'm getting a little hungry now so may have a banana! I'm staying off the slimfast for a couple of days.

No comments: